I took a few short denim skirts I had that were way too short as well as some that were outdated and fell mid-calf (not a flattering style). I added a bottom portion from peasant skirts I have had for years. It worked out perfectly as the elastic in the peasant skirts was stretched out and the denim gave it a good fit on the waist. It was really easy and I have received so many compliments.
Below are instructions on what I did. I have also included some pictures of me wearing the skirts as they look much on then just seeing them on a hanger.
1. Put the denim skirt on along with the peasant skirt under it. This will give you an idea of where you need to cut.
2. Once you decide the length (I tend to like long skirts) then mark it with a safety pin or marker.
3. Lay the peasant skirt out and cut off the portion you marked.
4. You will line up the bottom of the denim skirt with the peasant skirt you cut.
5. You can either machine sew, hand sew, or use fabric glue. It is literally a straight line so super easy.
6. Put on your new skirt and look fabulous!
|Mini Skirt and Peasant Skirt|
|Cut the Peasant skirt after you decide the length|
|Put the 2 skirts together to sew or use fabric glue|
|Wear it and look fabulous|
|Even tried a skirt that wasn't denim and it turned out great!|