Sunday, August 17, 2008

Libby's 1st Birthday!









Today was Libby's 1st birthday party. She turned one last Sunday but we celebrated it today.
The party turned out really well. It was the first big event we had without Jeff.

The divorce has been hard, but today made me a stronger person. It showed me I can move on and things will somehow be okay. Blowing out Libby's first candle really touched me. She is just starting her life. One year ago today I gave birth to her. It is crazy how much someone's life can change in only a year.

I usually don't write serious posts but no matter how much I tried to joke on this post, I just couldn't do it. The truth is, it is painful for me to see my kids go through these types of events without both parents, but I do know we can make through the rough patches of life.

I am thankful I have my parents support. I am thankful I have my beautiful kids to love. I am thankful I have my health and that my kids are healthy as well. I am thankful I have a roof over my head. I am thankful I have people in my life who love and care about me. I am thankful I get to live this life and grow as a person from my experiences -- good or bad.

I just hope one day I will have all my crap together and look back on my struggles and be thankful for those as well.








2 comments:

  1. This is the first day I've checked out blogs! You are one of the few people who can make me laugh and cry at the same time (this post and the previous one). You are strong!!! Remember the quote "I am woman hear me roar" - I think of you! Lake and Libby are such cuties. Let's play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Libby! I can't believe its been a year. She is absolutely darling.

    I'm proud of you, Chanel! You can do this! You inspire the rest of us to keep going!!

    Love ya- Tristin

    ReplyDelete