Monday, January 7, 2013

Revamp this Frame in 30 minutes or less......

My mom gave me 2 pictures she was throwing out. They were prints of purple flowers with gold frames. I kept them for several months (as the frames were nice). I knew I wasn't going to use them in the house so thought a fun idea to reuse them with a little paint.

I took apart the frame, took out the floral picture. I glued paper over it and glued some jewelry to the paper.

I then put it in the frame and picked a paint color I thought would go with the paper and jewelry I had chosen. I ended up painting the frame a sage blue/green color.

This project took me about 30 minutes (if that). And, I love the way it turned out. It didn't cost me a penny as I already had the paint, paper, and costume jewelry.

I am posting the picture and frame before and after I revamped it.







Before Picture (the one my mom was throwing out)
After Picture
Paint for the frame
Sponge Brush to dab on the frame (I prefer it to using a paintbrush)
Paper I chose to glue over the floral picture

Ribbon I used to divide the 3 types of paper I chose

Finished Project with Jewelry attached to it

No comments:

Post a Comment