Thursday, May 15, 2008

I was wrong and Grandma Ida was right



My Grandma Ida used to keep everything. She grew up in the depression so she even felt the need to stock up on important items like rubberbands and tinfoil. She would even keep a plastic bobby/hair pin to dig into her bright pink lipstick when it got low. I would say she was one of the few of us that got her money's worth when buying lipstick. She would use every last bit of that stuff.
I was going through old pots and pans the other day and came across this condiment holder that she gave my mom and my mom gave me. I have never seen this used in all my 30 years but heaven forbid we throw it away.
Well, I am glad to say my Grandma was right. Lugging this thing around for so many years has paid off. My son, Lake, was able to use it to divide his food up. He likes things separated and is very meticulous. I guess if a 2 year old can be OCD he would be that way with his food. Anyway, he loves this thing. He likes me to break up the meal in separate compartments. He actually spins it around and grazes on all 3 items. It's almost like his own little buffet.
Thank you Grandma for proving me wrong!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for leaving a comment .I am a newbie at a blog!!Tell your Hubby I love Stampin Up!!!I have been stamping for about 3 1/2 years now and love it so when they came out with the deal on the starter kit my hubby said he would pay for part of it!!! yahoooo .Phoned my upline and within 10 minutes i was a demo!!! I so so love it.I even made my quarter with a open house an done class !!lol.
    I have a 3 1/2 year old that is so busy !! and yes I love that you saved something from your Gramma.I have a few of those .One from my mom a electric fry pan that has a warmer for the top so if you need to make lots of pancakes its awesome..
    Are you a demo or stamp/scrapbook?
    I live in Vancouver area (Canada)
    and havent travelled to the us. but would love to ..if you are on scs.. my name is tinakdude if you would like to see my gallery!! You are my first stranger looking at my blog!!Cool.
    Thanks again for your comment!!

    ReplyDelete