Thursday, February 18, 2010

Lake's 1st day at the dentist.



Lake went to the dentist for the 1st time today. Libby goes for her 1st time in a few days.
He did an awesome job. He was quiet and did exactly what the dentist asked. His favorite thing is going to the car wash so I had to keep telling him it was a car wash for teeth. It got him super excited to go. The funny thing is that this was a Pediatric Dentist so they had headphones and a movie playing. Lake had headphones on and was talking SUPER loud. I couldn't stop laughing every time he said something.

The dental assistant asked him to open up really wide like an alligator but he wasn't really paying attention since he was so into the movie they were playing (Ice Age). So, being the helpful mom I am, I walked over and opened my mouth really wide. I was showing Lake how wide he needed to open his mouth. It was working great until my gum fell out of my mouth and onto the floor. The dental assistant didn't see it so I waited there to hurry and pick it up before she saw. She then slid her chair to reposition herself and her foot went right on my gum. I was afraid to say anything so just stood there. Lake then said, "Mommy, your gum dropped". He still had his headphones on so said it VERY loud. She looked down and saw her foot was right on it. I was so embarrassed. I had to help pull it off her shoe and act like I didn't realize it had dropped out of my mouth. Yes, it is as bad as it sounds. Awkward!!!! But, overall the visit was great. I guess I won't being chewing gum when I take Libby this next week ).

No comments:

Post a Comment