Sunday, September 30, 2012

Decorating on a Dime - Teenage Room

This is a "Shabby Chic" room I did for my darling step-daughter (she is 15). She had a room that still looked like a young teen. I told her we could re-do her room but she only had $350 to spend. This had to include comforter, room paint, rugs, pictures, etc.

Pictures are of the below:
1. We took old oak furniture with bronze knobs and painted them.
2.  We painted them white then spray painted the handles a hammered silver.
3.  I then found a foam board and glued items I found from their dress up box when they were little. It was fun and whimsical for a shabby chic room.
4.  I bought some old lamps, spray painted them and then glued ribbon around them. I even spray painted the lamp shade.
5. I found an old frame and bought 4 cheap mirrors at IKEA. I sprayed the frame and glued the mirrors on.
6. I had an old clock that was brown and yellow. I took it apart, spray painted it pink and white for a great shabby chic look.

This is only parts of the room, but we got the entire room redone for that price. We even sprayed an old brass bed with the hammered silver. It turned out beautiful!











No comments:

Post a Comment