Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Refurbishing old lamps

I decided to refurbish some old lamps I bought at a thrift store. Lamps can be expensive -- especially when you just need them for a child's room. I bought all these lamps at a thrift store for about $10 each (or less). I wish I had taken before pictures but didn't think about it until after I had finished.

They were all gold and very outdated. I painted them base of the lamps then put some fun trim on them to bring personality. I painted the lamp shade for my son's room as it was a dirty beige color and was a little ripped. This way the paint covered it. I used an old pair of jeans to glue on as the trim for the lamp.

My daughers lamp, I took ribbon that I bought on sale and glued it around the edge. For about $30 I was able to buy 3 lamps and transform them into fun lamps to match my children's room.

Lamp after painting blue and gluing on old jean waistband

Old Jeans from my son

You can see he old jeans with holes

Bottom Trim glued on

Pocket hot glued on

Lamp on the base which I painted green

Final Result (his room is blue and green so it matches perfectly)

Final result after painting base pink, roughing it up, and gluing on trim.

Final result after painting base pink and adding Trim

No comments:

Post a Comment